Thursday, April 25, 2013

Kaboom

Kaboom Overall Rating: 3 out of 5

Scrubbing Bubbles Overall Rating: 4 out of 5  


I recently tried the somewhat-new product Kaboom Foam-Tastic with Citrus Scent. I'll admit that a lot of why I got it was because it "Sprays on blue, then turns white when clean!" And it most certainly does do that. It smells really nice, too. I am a huge fan of Scrubbing Bubbles, myself. I have been using it for the past 5 years and it has not let me down, but I still had to try the cool sounding new Kaboom.

We recently moved into a duplex and the tub literally looked like it had not been cleaned in a few years. It had black stains on it and looked like someone with really greasy hands had showered because there were hand prints and finger prints at adult height. So, I broke out my Scrubbing Bubbles almost immediately. It did a pretty good job except there was still a pretty bad stain around the bottom of the tub. I waited a few days and then tried it again, granted I did not do any scrubbing myself since there claim is that the bubbles do it for you. It still did not seem to touch the stain.

So, off to Wal-Mart I went. I saw the Kaboom on the self and thought, why not? So I bought it and brought it home. I sprayed it onto the problem area and it was this very pretty blue. The second thing that I noticed, is that it seemed to require much more spraying to cover the area than the Scrubbing Bubbles did. It just didn't foam up and spread out as much. A few minutes later I came back and sure enough, the blue was gone and it was white. At this point, it usually seems like Scrubbing Bubbles has dissappeared completely and it seems like I have to wet a towel down so that I can wipe up the residue. The Kaboom, though, was still there strong and all I had to do was wipe it away. 

Then, I really noticed the smell. Scrubbing Bubbles has a decently strong bleach smell which may or may not be tolerable by some people. I, personally, love the smell. Kaboom had a better smell at the end, but initially it was overwhelming. I had to spray and then leave the bathroom as quickly as I could because I could hardly breathe.

It seemed to get at least a little more of the stain out, but sadly it is still there. I will still give it a couple more shots, but I do not like the overwhelming smell of it in comparison to Scrubbing Bubbles when they do close to an equal job. But I do like how it seems to stay around longer, so it is easier to wipe away. 

Have you had any experiences with either of these products? Let us know and comment below. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment